Countdown to the NKOTB Cruise 2011

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My thoughts on the cruise

You know, when the rumors came out about the possibility of a cruise, I'll be honest, I couldn't imagine it. It seemed like they were sentencing themselves to solitary confinement with how crazy some of the extreme fans could be. So for me, I just didn't even think it were possible. Van and I talked extensively about whether or not we would go if they did announce a cruise and we both decided that we would continue to save our money in hopes of a summer tour so we could attend more than one show and do the 5* VIP thing.

Now that the rumors have been confirmed and it IS a cruise, I have to tell ya, I'm a little jealous! LOL. I do think that the prices were too high, I knew that I wouldn't be able to attend. But, for everything they are offering, I can understand it. These guys have gone above and beyond anything I have ever seen any artist do. I mean, my M&G experience at the St. Paul reunion show was something I will never forget. It was brief but very much a highlight of 2008 for me, in fact, it was the biggest highlight of 2008 for me. That whole 4 day concert experience was.

I was talking to another friend of ours, Kristin D., who we met in Minneapolis and she turned out to be an amazingly hysterical friend. Love her. She actually put my thoughts on this whole cruise thing in perspective for me. She said that even if you don't get to spend much time with these guys on the cruise, YOU ARE ON A CRUISE.....TO THE BAHAMAS!!!! I mean, honestly, how much fun would that be???? She also said that if people would just calm down a little bit, NKOTB would probably approach you and just say hey in a super casual way while your hanging out in one of the cafes playing on your laptop. Could you imagine????? I would absolutely LOVE to go. Of course, just like everyone else, if I'm going on a cruise hosted by NKOTB, I'd want a lot of facetime with NKOTB but if you think about it, there really is nowhere to hide on a boat. And even if there are some crazy fans, it would be one heck of a memory, don't ya think???? Imagine the stories you would have to talk about???

Anyway, I'm not one of those crazy fanatical fans that would hunt them down and attack them at any given moment but I'd certainly go on the cruise and have a blast and just try to be happy with whatever time I did get to spend with them! I bet it will be amazing. So, for those of you who ARE going, I sure hope you all have a fabulous time and I would love to see your pictures and videos when you get back!!!!

0 comments: